Buying a Washing Machine Made Simpler
With all the different types of washing machines and the many features they offer, washers and dryers are definitely an investment. The time and effort they save definitely make them worthwhile. This guide helps make it simpler to choose a washing machine, based on your requirement.
Here Are the Top 5 Things to Keep in Mind
Decide on the Capacity
Ever queried about the maximum weight of clothes you can comfortably put per cycle in a washing machine?
Specified in kilograms, capacity typically ranges from 5 - 10 kg per cycle. Before you pick, note that higher capacity machines are heavier, utilize more space and consume more water and power. For a family size with 1-2 members, the best decision would be to choose a capacity that ranges from 6 kg or lower. For a family with 3 members chose a capacity that ranges from 6 kg to 7 kg. For a family with 4-6 members chose a capacity that ranges from 7 kg to 8 kg. For a family with 6-10 members chose a capacity that ranges from 10kg and above.
1. Semi-Automatic Washing Machine
- Separate tubs for washing and drying allow for manual intervention during wash cycles.
- To scrub clothes to remove excess dirt you can pause a washing cycle.
- Semi-automatic machines consume less power thus making it power efficient for all.
- They are also easier to operate and repair.
2. Fully Automatic Washing Machine
- If you are worried about room-space, fully automatic machines take up less space.
- Fully automatic washing machines allow flexible wash cycles based on wash programs and support custom modes for various fabric types.
- Avoid the noise by programming the machine to start and finish the wash cycle when you are not at home.
- Fully-automatic machines are durable.
Top Load Washing Machine or Front Load Washing Machines?
The difference between top load and front load washing machines is the way in which the drum is placed inside the machine.
1. Top Load Washing Machine
The door is on the top of the machine and their features are
- They offer the best value for money.
- They occupy lesser space while offering larger capacity .Plus, they vibrate lesser.
- Way more convenient to add and remove clothes.
- They consume lesser space and power.
2. Front Load Washing Machines
As the name suggests, the door is at the front and their characteristics are
- With clothes falling on each other, they offer better and smoother cleaning.
- A match made in heaven for delicate fabrics, they are gentle on clothes.
- They dry clothes faster which makes it perfect for busy schedules.
- More wash programs, faster drum rotating speeds and more!
Wash programs help you remove the guesswork and allow you to pick the right wash treatment for your clothes.
Wash Programs as per cloth type
Delicate materials require more attention while washing. For e.g., silk can get overstressed and tear.
Similarly, heavily soiled clothes need more rinsing to get rid of all the dirt. Thus there are custom-built programs for various fabrics.
This feature enables you to load clothes into the machine and set the program to start the wash cycle later.
Super handy when you want to avoid the noise by programming the wash cycle to start when you are not at home.
Soak your clothes for a specified period after which the wash cycle begins automatically!
What are the benefits?
Having multiple wash programs for different fabrics reduces a lot of hassle and saves time.
One for all
With your laundry visits and your bills are cut short, a lot of us send some clothes to the Laundromat because we don’t trust our machines with them. With multiple wash programs, your machine will be able to handle any fabric you throw at it.
When you need to quickly wash a few clothes without following any set wash programs the Quick Wash mode is extremely useful.
By giving the same wash quality as heaters, it saves on electricity, this mode produces bubbles that go deeper into the fabric and give a better wash quality.
They convey more info such as time left till cycle completion and washing stage. Furthermore, larger displays are clearer and easy to read.
- EcoPower: This unique technology determines when clothes are dry helping save up to 15 percent in gas. While the dryer automatically lowers temperature but keeps tuning ensuring wrinkle-free garments.
- G Force Extraction: The high extraction speed shortens dryer time helping lower gas consumption and increases the amount of loads that can be dome in a day.
- Quantum Controls. These controls also offer custom wash settings to best suit customer or employee loads.
- Compass Controls: Offering customized wash programs, the Compass Controls feature adjusts water level, wash time and rinses per load based on customer cycle needs.
- Efficient Frequency-Controlled Motor: Without sacrificing performance this motor reduces the peak power demand of Wascomat machines by 50 percent resulting in lower water consumption and increased energy savings.
4. Hydro Extractors